There a lot of Blogs about Goa,but this time when I really needed to plan something affordable for Goa I was really looking everywhere frantically. So here I have basically summed up good places to stay,visit,best beaches and a short guide for a North Goa trip.
Beaches in North Goa
- Miramar Beach- Situated at the distance of 3 km from the Panaji, a lovely and enchanting golden beach of soft sand covered with palm trees facing the blue Arabian Sea is the Miramar beach. This beach was originally popular as the ‘Gasper Dias Beach’ and it is the point where Mandovi River merges with the Arabian Sea.If you are visiting in and around Panaji, visiting the city and want to spend some dime and time in the casinos you can go here.I personally do not visit this beach a lot as its quite far away.
- Sinquerim Beach-This beach is a must visit for a swim. Just adjacent to fort Aguada and Taj Exotica Sinquerim.Clean sand and super Blue water where the waves are not too high, I love this beach. There are numerous shacks on the beach and I personally prefer to spend whole days on this beach.Just along the stretch are the Vaddo beaches also and they all can be accessed from Candolim. Candolim Houses all the fun jazz outlets ,bars and pubs.You can stay around Candolim to visit these bars which have live music until midnight. Must visit Pubs: Fisherman’s Cove
- Calangute Beach-always crowded by thousands in both peak and off-season, is one of the enchanting beaches in Goa. The beach is loaded with shacks and water sports vendors. I like to visit this place only at night.However keep in mind,this beach is not meant for walking barefoot.
- Baga-another favorite with the locals and tourists, is located about 30km from Panaji, and lies in close proximity to the Calangute Beach. In fact, you can walk and reach Baga from Calangute. This beach offers mesmeric views of sunsets and sunrise. The sand is clean and the water is blue.However, the main attraction of this place is some of the most famous clubs like Titos, Brittos and Mambos.During the evenings, the shacks here come to life with foot-tapping music, dance and a general scene of merrymaking. Besides partying and celebrating, this beach is also the hub for various adventure and water sports.
- Vagator and Ozran Beach- These beaches have tiny hillocks on the beaches,Ozran has a few shacks who play awesome trance and electronic music the whole day.Best places to take a tip and chill on the bath beds. At night there are clubs which play trance music the whole night until sunrise.
Places to stay